The last date to receive nominations for Distinguished Service Award (DSA) has been extended till 30th November 2020. The guidelines of the award and the procedure to make a nomination are furnished below:
Eligibility Criteria for Nominees:
Any alumnus/alumna may be nominated. However, an alumnus/alumna, who is an employee of IIT Kharagpur, shall not be eligible for the award during his/her service period except when he/she has accomplished exceptional achievements.
The following aspects will be considered among possible others while assessing the roles and contributions of the Nominee:
• Number of years of service to the Alumni Chapters/Foundations and tangible achievements made
• Number of Alumni-related events organized by the nominee, capacity in which organized, the number of participants in each, tangible outcome in the form of donations collected, etc.
• Endowments created for Chair-Professorships and other needs of the Institute
• Teaching courses at IIT Kharagpur as Adjunct Faculty
• Joint research collaboration with the faculty of the Institute
• Mentoring of students/faculty in innovation and entrepreneurial ventures
• Recognitions received within the Alumni fraternity.
Eligibility Criteria both for Proposer/Seconder:
Nomination in the prescribed format may only be proposed or seconded by:
• Past Distinguished Alumnus Awardees
• Past Distinguished Service Awardees
• Present and Former Senate Members
• Office Bearers (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer) and former Office Bearers (former President, former Vice President, former Secretary, former Treasurer) of the Alumni Foundations and Alumni Chapters across the globe.
• Life Fellows
Self-nomination will not be entertained.
How to nominate:
Nominations must reach in prescribed format to the Dean of Alumni Affairs latest by 30th November 2020, Monday at
Dean, Alumni Affairs
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Kharagpur, India - 721302
Electronic copies of the nomination papers should also be submitted by email to email@example.com with the subject line 'DSA Nomination 2020'. It may not be possible to consider nominations received after this date for the current year. However, those will be carried forward for consideration in the future.
Process for Selection: Nominations shall be shortlisted by a Screening Committee (SC) chaired by the Dean (AA). The Standing Committee chaired by the Director shall consider all eligible nominations as well as recommendations from the Screening Committee and make final recommendations to the Board of Governors for approval.
Commenting only available for logged in users