Workshop on Advanced Waste Water Treatment – the Microbial Approach
Fourth Workshop on “Advanced Waste Water Treatment – the Microbial Approach” will be organized at the Haringhata Campus of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), WB on 24th and 25th February, 2020.
The MHRD funded project Centre of Excellence in Environmental Technology & Management (COEETM) is being undertaken in Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUT), WB under the FAST (Frontier Areas of Science & Technology) scheme. It will organize the fourth Workshop on “Advanced Waste Water Treatment – the Microbial Approach” on February 24 and 25, 2020 at the Haringhata campus of the University. The Workshop will be conducted with special emphasis on Environmental Protection through microbial intervention.
The last date for submitting applications is 7 th February, 2020.
The proposed Workshop will incorporate the following steps:
1. Identification of the problem that necessitates the introduction of innovative microbial technology. 2. Approach to the potential solution of the problem identified in Step 1 above through candidate isolation and system development.
3. Microbial Identification: (a) Isolate – 16SrDNA and Draft Genome (b) Community Analysis
4. Process Optimization
5. Case Studies involving Industrial Processes
The resource persons for the Workshop, drawn from both industry and academia, will be as follows:
1. Mr Nandan Prabhune – Technology and Innovation Group of Thermax Limited for Water and Waste Slutions
2. Dr Kamlesh Jangid – National Centre for Microbial Resource, National Centre for Cell Science, Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
3. Prof. Pinaki Bhattacharya – Former Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata – 700032.
4. Prof. Punyaslok Bhaduri – Professor, IISER, Kolkata
5. Dr Shaon Ray Chaudhuri – Department of Microbiology, Tripura University, Suryamaninagar, Tripura.
6. Mr Pradip Chopra – Chairman, ILEAD and PS Group
Who should apply–
Faculty Members in the early part of their career, Research Scholars and Post Graduate students working and interested in the areas of microbial technology, water and waste water treatment. The interested participants need to submit an application along with a one page CV indicating why they are interested in joining the Workshop to the following e-mail address: